Management and Support roles
Confident. Proud. On it. Fast-paced. Friendly. Supportive. Responsive. Just around the corner. Here, there and everywhere. Wherever, whatever. We’re there.
Businesses across the UK and Europe depend on the logistics services provided by Speedy Freight, a 60 plus branch operation, with dedicated teams operating 24 hours a day, 7 days a week, across the whole year.
Sales Support and Business Intelligence
What’s the role
To provide operational support to the network and Franchise support team on the effective day to day utilisation of Speedy Freights IT systems, encompassing both sales and operations, whilst building and implementing an agreed reporting suite that can be used across the network and the support centre to drive sales and efficiencies.
Whilst also supporting the network and IT department on the successful delivery and implementation of any future changes and upgrades.
|Reporting to:||Head of Franchising||Apply to: firstname.lastname@example.org|
|No. of Reports:||0|
|Posted||16 September 2021||Michael.email@example.com|
|Closes||1st October 2021||Speedy freight|
|Salary||£25,000||Unit 2 Cranford Drive|
|Hours||Monday – Friday Days, 9am to 5pm||Knutsford|
|Location||National role, main base Knutsford, Cheshire||WA16 8ZR|
Responsibilities & Objectives
- Assist the Franchise support team and network in ensuring that all Speedy Freight systems are effectively utilised to maximise sales and operations.
- Where required conduct either group or one to one training on branch role specific systems.
- If required case study the effective use of systems in order to demonstrate its value to the network, based on process simplification, head count efficiency, sales maximisation and the mitigation of risk.
- Develop and implement a standard set of network reports based on identified need, which drive branch performance and KPI monitoring.
- Ensure MI visibility at branch and support centre.
- Document and share franchisee best practice on the utilisation of systems.
- Work with Marketing on the identification of market intelligence reports which can be used for prospecting and lead generation.
- As new services are added to the franchise proposition to clients, assist in the agreed reporting requirements as part of the roll out project.
- In conjunction with the franchisee, ensure that new starts at branch level are given adequate training on systems use, in order that they can effectively perform their role from an IT perspective, and sign off as competent accordingly.
- Co-operate with your employer to enable any legal obligations to be complied with
- Do not recklessly interfere with anything provided by the employer or others in the interests of health, safety or welfare.
- Bring to the attention of the Company Health and Safety Manager any perceived short comings in health and safety arrangements, situations or processes that you consider to be serious or which may present danger to you or others.
- Do not undertake or request others to undertake any works for which you/they do not hold the required competency or authority to undertake.
- Liaise with Head of Franchising, Financial Controller, Directors, General Managers, their direct reports and Employees at all levels within the Company to continually improve business performance and achieve Company objectives.
- Franchise Development Team
- Accounts department
- IT Support
- IT & Other Contractors
- Full Driving Licence.
- Highly IT Literate including Microsoft, word, excel, Visio and outlook.
- Written, oral English and Mathematics to GCSE standard
- Excel / PowerPoint presentations skills.
- Training experience.
- Professional and confident manner
- Excellent Communicator
- Good customer service skills
- Ability to work within a team and under own initiative
- Good organisational skills
- Ability to work well under pressure
- Good literacy and numeracy skills
- Report writing