Who we are
Our website address is: www.speedyfreight.com
The pages on this website (“the Website”) are published by Puro Ventures Limited t/a Speedy Freight (“PVL”), a company registered in England and Wales with company registration number 05822614, whose registered address is at Unit 2 The Pavilions, Cranford Drive, Knutsford Business Park, Knutsford, Cheshire, WA16 8ZR
Maintaining the security of your data and your right to privacy is a priority to PVL. We will handle your personal data legally and fairly at all times and we will be transparent about what data we collect about you and how we use it.
This policy provides you with details about:
- what personal data we collect
- how we use your personal data
- how we ensure your privacy is maintained
- your legal rights about your personal data
The personal data collected
PVL may collect the following information about you:
- your name, age/date of birth and gender
- your contact details: postal address including billing and delivery addresses, telephone numbers (including mobile numbers) and e-mail address
- purchases and orders made by you
- your on-line browsing activities on our websites
- your password(s)
- your communication and marketing preferences
- your interests, preferences, feedback and survey responses
- your location
- your correspondence and communications with us and
- other publicly available personal data, including any which you have shared via a public platform (such as a Twitter feed or public Facebook page)
Our website are not intended for children and we do not knowingly collect data relating to children.
This list is not exhaustive and, in specific instances, we may need to collect additional data for the purposes set out in this Policy. Some of the above personal data is collected directly, for example when you set up an on-line account on our website, or send an email to our customer services team. Other personal data is collected indirectly, for example your browsing or shopping activity. We may also collect personal data from third parties who have your consent to pass your details to us, or from publicly available sources.
How we use your data
PVL (and trusted partners acting on our behalf) uses your personal data:
- to provide goods and services to you
- to make a tailored website available to you
- to manage any registered account(s) that you hold with us
- to verify your identity
- for crime and fraud prevention, detection and related purposes
- with your agreement, to contact you electronically about promotional offers and products and services which we think may interest you
- for market research purposes – to better understand your needs
- to enable us to manage customer service interactions with you and
- where we have a legal right or duty to use or disclose your information (for example in relation to an investigation by a public authority or in a legal dispute)
PVL uses your personal data for electronic marketing purposes (with your consent) and may send you postal mail to update you on the latest PVL offers.
PVL aims to update you about products & services which are of interest and relevance to you as an individual.
You have the right to opt out of receiving promotional communications at any time, by:
- changing marketing preferences via your PVL account
- making use of the simple “unsubscribe” link in emails or the “STOP” number for texts and/or
- contacting PVL via the contact channels set out in this Policy
Web Banner Advertising
If you visit our websites, you may receive personalised banner advertisements whilst browsing other websites. Any banner advertisements you see will relate to products you have viewed whilst browsing our websites on your computer or other devices.
Sharing data with third parties
Our service providers and suppliers
In order to make certain services available to you, we may need to share your personal data with some of our service partners. These include IT, delivery and marketing service providers, accountants.
PVL only allows its service providers to handle your personal data when we have confirmed that they apply appropriate data protection and security controls. We also impose contractual obligations on service providers relating to data protection and security, which mean they can only use your data to provide services to PVL and to you, and for no other purposes.
Other third parties
Aside from our service providers, PVL will not disclose your personal data to any third party, except as set out below. We will never sell or rent our customer data to other organisations for marketing purposes.
To deliver products and services to you, it is sometimes necessary for PVL to share your data outside of the European Economic Area. This will typically occur when service providers are located outside the EEA or if you are based outside the EEA. These transfers are subject to special rules under data protection laws.
If this happens, we will ensure that the transfer will be compliant with data protection law and all personal data will be secure. Our standard practice is to use ‘standard data protection clauses’ which have been approved by the European Commission for such transfers.
How long do we keep your data?
We will not retain your data for longer than necessary for the purposes set out in this Policy. Different retention periods apply for different types of data, however the longest we will normally hold any personal data is 6 years.
How we protect your data
PVL is committed to keeping your personal data safe and secure.
Our security measures include: –
- encryption of data
- regular cyber security assessments of all service providers who may handle your personal data
- regular scenario planning and crisis management exercises to ensure we are ready to respond to cyber security attacks and data security incidents
- regular penetration testing of systems
- security controls which protect our entire IT infrastructure from external attack and unauthorised access and
- internal policies setting out our data security approach and training for employees
Legal basis for using your data
PVL collects and uses customers’ personal data because is it necessary for:
- the pursuit of our legitimate interests
- the purposes of complying with our duties and exercising our rights under a contract for the sale of goods to a customer or
- complying with our legal obligations
In general, we only rely on consent as a legal basis for processing in relation to sending direct marketing communications to customers via email or text message.
Customers have the right to withdraw consent at any time. Where consent is the only legal basis for processing, we will cease to process data after consent is withdrawn.
Cookies are small text files that are placed on your computer by websites that you visit. They are widely used in order to make websites work, or work more efficiently, as well as to provide information to the owners of the site.
You have the following rights:
- the right to ask what personal data that we hold about you at any time
- the right to ask us to update and correct any out-of-date or incorrect personal data that we hold about you free of charge and
- the right to opt out of any marketing communications that we may send you
If you wish to exercise any of the above rights, please contact us using the contact details set out below.
If you have any questions about how PVL uses your personal data that are not answered here, or if you want to exercise your rights regarding your personal data, please contact us by any of the following means:
- phone us on: 03333 440703 / 0161 430 6666
- e-mail us at: SAR@speedyfreight.com
- write to us at: Unit 2 The Pavilions, Cranford Drive, Knutsford Business Park, Knutsford, Cheshire, WA16 8ZR
You have the right to lodge a complaint with the Information Commissioner’s Office. Further information, including contact details, is available at https://ico.org.uk.