To develop effective transport plans and control resources ensuring customer and business requirements are achieved while complying with legal responsibilities. To manage the sourcing and booking of vehicles in line with company procedures.
We are keen to train and reward an ambitious candidate who is looking to have a career in this fast-paced industry.
Responsibilities & Objectives
- Ensure the effective use of our vehicles and drivers
- Negotiate prices with subcontracted drivers
- Effectively manage drivers through on-going communication, supplemented by the use of navigation analysis screen
- Ensure that the internal tracking system housekeeping is completed to the required standards
- Understand and achieve specific targets regarding required margin, costs per mile and vehicle utilisation
- Review allocated customers making sure that work is planned to time and correct equipment is efficiently utilised
- Constantly communicate with customer services and drivers to ensure customer KPI targets are achieved and maintained
- Have a working knowledge of the UK highway network and relevant highway standards
- Work to deadlines and work independently when required
- Communicate effectively and professionally with all levels of staff and clients
- Flexible approach required to cover on-call rota system